Friday, July 2, 2010

~ Some More Scraps of Darkness Layouts ~

Two more layouts using the Scraps of Darkness July Desire kit. I'm still having fun creating layouts with this awesome kit!! This first one is a little deep. I call it Vicious Traditions and I didn't put any journaling on the front, but I did print out some and stuck it to the back. Here is what it reads:

When I was a child, every Christmas there was a tradition of giving my Grandfather a bottle of Crown Royal. He always appreciated seeing it under the tree, sitting in it’s signature purple bag with gold stitching. I remember it always bringing a smile to his face. However, some traditions aren’t always good. I come from an alcoholic family on my mom’s side. Growing up wasn’t always easy and some of the things I witnessed as a child, are unspeakable now. With all that said, I rose above all of that. I was able to break free of a family with the burden of alcoholism and I never fell under the curse. I praise God for keeping the addiction away from me and I continue to pray for those that are still held captive by it.
I used the diecut bird for a mask and misted the small Prima roses with Maya Road mist and then I some Burgundy stickles to put on the very tips.
This is one of my Crumpled Daisy, formally known as a Scrunchy Flower. I just didn't like that title lol. I have tutorial for these that you can click on to the right.
The are painted vines that I did using a stencil and black acrylic paint.
So my Rylee is now officially a teenager :( They grow up way to fast. I did this page to show some versatility in the kit.
I sell these little napkin butterflies in my Etsy. They are super cute!!

Thanks for Stopping by and God Bless!!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! I love all of the details in your work. You are such an inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layouts Mandy! You rocked this kit.=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mandy,this is my design with the last Sketch you posted in sb.com.So different from your style,but as you can see it works with any style http://luzmasscraplace.blogspot.com/2010/07/sweet-boy.html
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Luzma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mandy, I am inspired by your willingness to share and I love your style and layouts.

    Memories aren't just good. There is therapy in scrapping - the good and the bad ones. I've scrapped my way through many hardships.

    Thanks for sharing. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails