Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Folded Circle Flower

Ok I have seen this flower on SB.com a couple of times and one person even said they had a tutorial on their blog, however, when I went to it I couldn't find it. So I studied her layout and figured it out, well at least a version of it. I decided it was so darn cute that I wanted to share how to do it in case others are trying to figure it out too! Here is a layout I made today with an example on it along with smaller versions of the same folded circles!Here is what you need: 8-2" circles of preferably double sided patterned paper, 1-1.5" circle, 1-1" circle, 1-.5" circle, a wedge, and an additional 2" circle for the backing of your flower. Now the wedge is an inch wide at the large end and I used my paper trimmer to create a perfect wedge.Here are the folding steps to follow. I tried getting a picture of every step with the exception of the very last half fold. You can do this without making the wedge and it still looks just fine, I just like using the wedge to get the tops even. I alternate the sides I fold so that it gives the flower a cool pattern when finished (4 one way and 4 the other). After you have all the petals made you can ink the edges. I like to ink them after they are folded so you know it is getting on the correct side.


Now I ran my pink 2" dot through my Xyron and made it a sticker with permanent adhesive. Begin placing the petals onto the sticky side of the adhesive and try to space them apart as seen in the picture. Continue to place all the petals all the way around. Your flower should look something like this. If it's not perfect, no big deal. I am so not into perfection because I just don't have the time. Now ink the edges of the smaller three circles to match the petals. Alternate the colors so they are opposites. I used adhesive foam to place the center layers for more dimension. Sorry the picture is a little fuzzy. Some people will paint glaze over these as well which looks pretty neat, but I left that off of mine for the purpose of making a less difficult tutorial.

14 comments:

  1. Well I think you did a pretty good job .. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! I'm gonna have to try it out! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully made flower! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im gonna give this a go hope you dont mind me linking your blog to a couple of friends who will love these flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a problem. Please link to your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!!! Mandy this is sooo cute!!!! I love the colors and that flower is adorable!!!! Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS! people are going to be trying this all over the place - what a GREAT tutorial! thank you very much for sharing!

    ---Karmyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this tutorial. I'm looking forward to trying this. Lots of possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a wonderful tutorial! I found your blog through Sandi (Soft Side of Sandi). I've been blog hopping today and found some great blogs! Love your flower and your layout is gorgeous! I became a follower--you have a great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the directions. Great flower embelly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much! Do you mind if I share this on Memories Always - Forever?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't mind if anyone wants to pass this along.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails