Saturday, July 18, 2009

New Layouts!

So I am sitting on my sofa once again watching a movie called Swing Vote with Kevin Costner. We just ate an AWESOME steak dinner with blue cheese butter. If you have never had blue cheese butter on steak you are missing out. Ok! Ok!!! You twisted my arm. Here is the quick recipe to blue cheese butter:

1 5oz Tub Crumbled Blue Cheese
1 Cube Butter (softened)
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon worctershire sauce (Absolutely No Clue on the Spelling)

Mix it altogether then stick it in the fridge for a few. Then when the steaks are hot, spread some over the top. SO YUMMY!

Earlier today I had some wonderful scrappy time. I normally do not post twice in a day, but I had to share right? So these first two layouts were from my newest kit of the month addiction, My Creative Scrapbook. I purchase both the main kit and the limited edition kit. I am saving the main kit for our mini vacation in late August, because it's all about road trips, vacations, etc. So these layouts are from the limited edition kit. This first layout is with Tyler and I really like how this turned out. The buds are my folded circles that you can get the tutorial for right here on my blog. I cut up some Prima crystal flourishes and created the vine. That's what I think a lot of people are afraid of, messing with premade embellishments. Don't be afraid to alter things you buy.
So this layout is of my youngest Brooky and I LOVE this picture because in it she reminds me of the gorgeous actress Liv Tyler. I didn't really alter or destroy anything on this layout. I just used some scraps from other paper to create the torn edges.
This next layout is of Tyler and it's my very first full scraplift. I fell in love with Robinsberdz (sb.com username) layout "Lovely" and had to have one like it. The folded corner had me at hello. This particular layout was done with various items in my personal stash. I highly recommend scraplifting once in awhile. I started ordering Swirlydoos kits the month after their Grunge kit and I wanted that kit bad, so I ordered the papers that they used and I had a lot of elements of my own that went along with the same concept. This was my first one and I had to do it of my son because I had this pic that was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails