Saturday, January 15, 2011

~ Scraps of Darkness White Magic Kit Reveal ~

There is a TON of yumminess in SOD's January kit called White Magic!! This is a misting dream come true!! This kit is filled with gorgeous resist papers from Pink Paislee and also papers from Websters Pages. It's another amazingly versatile kit that just keeps going and going!! I LOVE IT!!
This is my last month as the sketch designer for SOD and I am thrilled to announce that Charlotte Jenkins aka Suepup will be taking over the role of sketch artist!! She is an amazing designer and I can't wait to see her awesome sketches every month!! Here is the sketch for January.
This is my take on the sketch. You know what's funny is this sketch actually gave me a really hard time. I think my problem was that I envisioned one thing and it wasn't coming out the way I have planned. However, in the end I was happy with the result. These are a couple pics of my girls and their friend.
This kit has some awesome textures in it from Tim Holtz. I had a lot of fun with them all.
This is a modified version of my crumpled daisies. There is a tutorial to the right side of my blog for the original version.
Tip: The chippie is a Dusty Attic corner piece that I cut to create a long flourish effect.
This layout is my favorite because of Brooky's sweet little picture. Most of the items used were from the kit and I just added a couple of little things.
Tip: Make your circles pop off the page for added dimension. I use double sided foam strips and I cut them down into smaller pieces.
These little roses are from an older tutorial I got from GabrielleP and they are so easy to do. Gabi is one of my fellow DT's for Dusty Attic. She is also one of my favorite artists!
Working with the Websters papers was a lot of fun. I love their patterns and colors. This one features the stick pin that I made for this months kit.
This is a lot easier than it looks. I just cut strips down towards the center of the page and used the end of a small paint brush to curl the strips up.
I added the string of beads from my own stash. These are really easy to make and add something extra to your pages.
Tip: String the beads on wire so you can bend them the way you would like and it makes it easier to adhere down.
I misted the lacy flower and used Stickles to cover the center to make it super sparkly. The fan is a regular doily that I folded up.
This last one is a pic I photoshopped up, making Brooky a little Christmas Angel. She is checking out the Christmas tree in this photo.
I tied some of the Tim Holtz trim onto the spray. Easy little way to add more to the page.
I cut the Tim Holtz roses trim up to separate the roses and layered them around my other flowers. Check out that super cute little corked bottle. I put some sparkles in mine :)

Thanks so much for stopping by and God Bless!!

9 comments:

  1. I love the way your mind works!!! Each page is stunning with tons of ideas to make everything gorgeous!!!! You never fail to amaze me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each new detail is as stunning as the last!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So impressive, Mandy! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I am in awe Mandy! These are just gorgeous!
    By the way if you dont mind me asking where did you get the cute little cork bottle. I have some but they are quite larger.. Thx!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tina... Melinda added that cute little thing to the kit and I'm not sure where she got it, but I will ask her for you. Check back here for the answer :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful Mandy! I love the pic in your "Play" layout...just awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow just beautiful...When I need inspiration I always pop over here. Love your ideas you come up with..

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails