Wednesday, January 27, 2010

February Swirlydoos

This is a fantastic kit from Swirlydoos!! I am just getting started with it and I have already completed three layouts so far! It's amazing how versatile the color scheme is for this one. So many gorgeous embellishments and awesome paper!! Check out what I have done so far!!

This first layout is of my oldest daughter Raine and my maternal Grandmother. The journaling reads "Raine and my Grandmother in '07. My Grandma always loved poodles and still to this day owns two of them. Those poodles used to drive me crazy. " I started writing something sweater and then just kept focusing on that darn poodle in her lap lol. Growing up, she would sit and hold her dogs at the dinner table and feed them while she ate. Enough of that. I used a chipboard border for this layout that I covered in crackle paint and then inked the edges. I added one of my stick pins and a fan and heart set that I sell in my Etsy. Check out the close ups for a better view.

These little hearts and fan are so pretty. The fan is actually hardened into this shape so it's great for scrapbooking.
This is one of my stick pins. I used ribbon and pearled wire from the kit to make it, along with a few beads of my own. I love how it turned out. As you can see I also ran the large beige ribbon up along the page and tucked it behind the chipboard frame.
The kit came with some darling little stamps. I stamped this bird sitting on a small flourish. It blended in so well to the pp that it looks like it was supposed to be there. I prefer using Stazon ink when I stamp, because I am impatient and don't like waiting for things to dry.
This layout was made specifically for a contest over at Swirlydoos called "Bundle of Love". The catch was you had to use mainly Swirly products and you had to scrap what you love about yourself. Here is what my journaling reads "Loving myself wasn't always easy. Growing up I was very insecure. It took a long time before I was able to look in a mirror and be happy with who I saw. Now I can say "I Love Me". I love how I am a loving, caring, patient mom. I love that I am creative and fun loving. I am friendly, happy, and full of life. I love that I am a Christian who can put her trust in the Lord. I love that I can say I love myself at last.
The mini chipboard hearts I inked with alcohol ink and sanded them a bit. I used smooch spritz on the silver Prima butterfly and it turned out really pretty.
We can't forget the monthly sketch challenge that Swirlydoos does for every kit. The sketches are always done by Beggahuna. This is a photo of my daughter Tyler. I color spotted the rose in her hair for that effect. I painted the large chipboard hearts with acrylic paint and outlined the black one in stickles. The tiny red roses are from my Etsy. Prima bling has got to be my favorite. It's the only bling flourishes that are well made and super easy to use. They don't fall apart or lose their shape. Plus the still drape over chunkier items, such as these hearts, and still look great.

Thanks for stopping by!! God Bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails