Friday, January 29, 2010

Last Item for Graphic 45's Blog

As you know I was picked to be the January guest designer for Graphic 45. I had a blast creating all the little goodies and layouts!! I give a HUGE thanks to G45 for such a fun and great opportunity!! Here is my last item I did for them..... These are my "Kitchen Diva" magnets I made using papers and diecuts from the Domestic Goddess line. I love how they turned out!!

To make these, I used some old business card magnets that I had laying around. You know the kind that come on phone books or in the mail. They are thin enough to cut on my Fiskars trimmer and work great for this sort of thing. The size is up to you, but mine were approximately 1 1/2" squares. The cool thing about bottlecaps is you can use a 1" circle punch and the dot fills the bottlecap perfectly. I sell gold and silver bottlecaps in my Etsy by they way :). So I filled the bottlecap with black 1" circles and then used the diecut letter sheet that G45 makes. As for the rest of the squares I used the diecut sheet of tags from G45 and some of their paper. The tags work so good for these small magnets. I trimmed a couple with lace and found some cute little metal embellies for decorating them. I used some tiny watch parts, metal butterflies, and brads (with the tabs cut off the back). For the "Kitchen" I just printed that off from my computer then tore and inked the edges!!

Thanks for stopping by and God Bless!!

4 comments:

  1. These are really cool!!!! You are just sooo creative!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that idea of magnents especially with those papers they are gorgeous. Love those bottle caps too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad I found you! Love your work! Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails