Friday, January 15, 2010

Sunburst Flower using Harlee Quinnz Paper

I just finished up this layout using Harlee Quinnz paper from their Butterfly Garden line. We are hoping to get our hands on there new papers very soon. This layout features my daughter Tyler when she was little. I used lot of little goodies on this and I sell some in my Etsy shop. The black swirls were cut on my Cricut using the Storybook cartridge.The sunburst flower is so easy to make that it doesn't even need a picture tutorial. For mine I grabbed a couple of different pieces of pattern paper, 1 1/2" circle punch and a 1" circle punch, some silver wire, and some miscellaneous beads.

1)To start just cut 6 strips of paper about 1" wide and 4" long. Of course you can alter the dimensions to get a different size flower.
2)Next just take some scissors and trim both ends of each flower by cutting out a triangular shape as seen on the flower above. I then inked the edges.
3)I prefer using mini glue dots to help hold my paper in place as I make the flower. Now to create the flower I just begin laying one strip down at a time until it makes a full flower. If you use two different pieces of paper, be sure to alternate them.
4)After my base is made I punched two sizes of circles out. I roughed up my edges and inked them. I used glue dots to glue them down to the center of my flower. I will usually curl up my edges a little as well.
5)For the center you can use any cute little embellies. I had some beads laying around so I just strung some silver wire through them and curled the ends around the end of a paint brush.
Thanks for stopping by and I wish you all many Blessings!!

5 comments:

  1. This is a really kool flower! I'm going to give it a go! Thanks for the how-to! Crystal
    (KrickleScraps)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous lo! Love that flower and your beaded branches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Mandy! Congrats on the G45 GDT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog and let me say it is amazing. Your sytle is so unique and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails