Sunday, August 15, 2010

~Scraps of Darkness August Kit Reveal~

It's reveal day!! Time to show you the August kit from Scraps of Darkness kit club called Midnight Garden. This was a really fun and versatile kit and I was able to go a few different directions with it. To start the party, I posted the August sketch and my matching layout.
This is me and those aren't my real lashes lol. I photoshopped some on for fun!! I created this to enter in the August Dark Side challenge over at scrapbook.com.
There are some gorgeous florals this month, including these really cool red cat tails.
Tip: It's always good to create close to the pic clusters of embellies. Draws the attention to the right places.
Here is a favorite pic of mine. This is Brooky. I did add a few of my own items, such as the die cut vine, white cardstock and Dusty Attic butterfly. The rest is SOD goodies!!
I used the Tim Holtz tattered flower die for the layered flower. I hand cut the leaves from red cardstock and inked and stickled the butterfly.
Tip: Inking the edges of your paper flowers always brings out more detail.
Here is where you will start seeing the versatility of this awesome kit. This is a pic of my daughter, Rylee. I all SOD items except for the Dusty Attic birds on a branch chippie.
To create the chippie I just brushed brown ink over it and stickled the leaves and painted the birds.
I am loving the new Petaloo that came out during the summer CHA. I would love to DT for them lol. Wouldn't we all though :)
Tip: Going around the edges of the petals with stickles just adds that umph to your flowers!!
This is my sweet Brooky again. The photo in the layout is purposely overexposed so the pic of the entire layout has the same feel. Sorry about that. I used SOD for everything except another die cut vine and the Maya Road chippie below the photo. I just noticed how my circle looks lopsided lol. Oh well, that's what I get for not hand distressing it. (Used my Zutter)
I cut the flowers from some of the pattern paper and outlined with stickles along with sections of the vine.
Butterflies are always an easy fill embellishment for those places that you are wondering what to do with. I just cut these using some of the patterned paper from the kit and added a bit of stickles. Really easy to do.
Tip: An old rule of thumb is to use sets of 3 when placing embellies. I don't always follow it though.
I am going to be doing a tutorial for this flower I made, so check back for it it next week some time :)
Well that's it for now!! Thanks for stopping by and God Bless!!

9 comments:

  1. Totally gorgeous!!! I can't wait to get my kit! And only hope what I create can be as beautiful as these layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Mandy!!! :D You did SO MANY! LOL! They are all gorgeous!! Love the sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This site ...I love coming here and seeing your talent...I think I like the swirls the best...and the chicken wire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love coming here and admiring your talent. I like the swirls and the chicken wire

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous LO's Mandy! I especially love the one titled "Mood"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first LO is absolutely awesome! Very bright and vidi. I'm a fan of LO with black! Will I ever dare to use black in mine? lol
    Love the details! And your lashes are so cute =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, these are all so gorgeous...wonderful work woman. I especially love the 1st one! : ]

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails