Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Beatiful Distasterpieces

Get it? The title that is.... Disasterpiece instead of Masterpiece lol. I think I tend to crack myself up more than others :). Distarerpiece is for the fact this was a very messy layout and highly distressed as well. Over at sb.c there is a challenge for using paint and this month the twist is to paint on cardboard. I decided to use a 12x12 sheet of corrugated cardboard and painted the entire back ground. It turned into a mixed media layout and I LOVE it!! So I used some antique linen crackle paint, some rust colored alcohol ink, green and yellow smooch spritz sprays and other ink sprays I had at hand lol. By the end of the doing the background, my hands were dyed several different colors, not to mention the smudge I apparently made on my face. Enough said about that... Here is the layout.
My title inspiration is from Lisa aka StarSailor. Her blog is called What a Beautiful Mess. Most of the embellies were from the February Swirlydoos kit.
I did the title by printing out the word beautiful and then cut each one out and use rust colored alcohol ink on the edges. Then chalked over it for a dirtier look. The "MESS" letters are Tim Holtz and I love them. I did distress them up a bit.
I wanted to show a close up of the photo because I distressed it as well. This is a pic of my little Brooky sitting on a trampoline looking gorgeous with her dark brown hair and gorgeous blue green eyes. I printed my photo on matte paper (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR PHOTO DISTRESSING).. then I sanded around all four sides and used rust alcohol ink. Then I took my exacto and ran it side to side over parts of it.
This is a dried up grapevine that I sell in my Etsy. I love these things and not really sure why, because it's just a grapevine lol. I think it's because it's just different. The flowers I rubbed some of the rust colored ink on for added messiness.
Some distressed ribbon. I knotted it and inked it first. Then glued it down on the circle. From the top it looks like it's tied around the circle frame, but as you can see from this picture, it isn't.

6 comments:

  1. All I can say is "You Get It"...The title of my blog has a meaning behind it. Your LO is exactly what its all about...Disasterpiece is to funny, because the LO is fantastically beautiful!! I loooove it!! Your paint distressing is wonderful..The photo....Oh my...I would love for you to send a copy to me so that I can play with it...Love it Mandy!! Just love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there..i just wanted to pop in and say thx for yr sweet comment in my blog....

    Good God..what amazing stuff u make!! its totaly take my breath away...so i will be visiting u alot more....

    Thx for sharing all yr work..i found so much inspiration here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I already posted on sb.com, but I just LOVE this one!! Has to be one of my favorites of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love this. My craft room is a mess but that's when I'm most productive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome the grapevine is! I love all the elements to this one but the grapevine blew me away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOw, messy hands I'd say after this! Love corrugated cardboard but always thinks it looks to conventionally ugly to use as a background sheet but you have jazzed it up and jazzed it down to perfection!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails