Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Oh So Nice!!

I wanted to do a layout using Swirlydoos products that was based on a sketch made by one of SDoos awesome DT members and I finally did. This layout was made with the new March kit and I based it on a sketch made by Robin aka Lovestocreate.
One of the best things about joining Swirlydoos is having access to some AWESOME new techniques and tutorials!! This flower I did on this layout was made from a tutorial that Lisa aka StarSailorScrapper did over at SDoos. She did the tutorial using paper, however, I used a blue metal sheet from Ten Seconds Studio. So thank you Lisa for this awesome flower!!
These wood looking letters were actually done using white Creative Imaginations chipboard letters. I used Ranger "Ginger" colored alcohol ink and let them dry. Then I sanded the tops which gave them this really neat grainy wood look. I think they went really well with the photo too.



Check out my spot coloring tutorial in the previous post. It's really pretty easy to do and it jazzes up a photo a new fun way!!

Thank you for stopping by and God Bless!!

5 comments:

  1. Your layouts get more and more beautiful! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy...That flower is crazy beautiful!!! Never thought of using the metal, but I love it!!!Love your take on Robins sketch, and I love the dash of color on the photo...It is awesome!! Red boots...To cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mandy, love this page. From the photo to the alphas and the metal flower is so beautiful and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mandy, awesome idea using metal, gorgeous results!!!! And thanks for the tip about coloring the title; it's on my list of "must tries"!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails