Saturday, February 13, 2010

Cardboard Letters and More Distressing!!

I am still working on some challenge layouts over at sb.c and this current layout was made for the Round We Go Challenge that Katie777 runs. It is a challenge that uses circles. I wanted to play with more cardboard today and lately I have noticed people using corrugated cardboard letters on their layouts, so I had to try it. I decided to just draw my own letters. Below I will explain how I did that. I also added a fun scroll with a hidden journaling tag that pulls out of the end. I left a sweet message to my little man in it. The background of this layout was dark brown textured cardstock that I dabbed bleach all over using an old rag. Check out my latest creation!
So here is my title close up. A quick note on the mini letters; I printed these out on my computer, cut them out and then used alcohol ink on the edges. Very easy!! As for the corrugated cardboard letters I did the following.

1) Before I peeled off my top layer, I drew the letters on the cardboard then cut them out.
2) I then peeled off my top layers to reveal the inner part of the cardboard.
3) I chose some crackle paint as a base on my cardboard. I do that most of the time, because it helps add texture. After that I used green and brown alcohol ink and topped it off with the rust color as well. I just love that color!! They came out in a sort of a camo look which is awesome for this boy page.
I again printed all my photos on matte paper because I knew I would be distressing them. I sanded over all of them and a bit more heavy sanding on the edges. I dripped some of my rust colored alcohol ink on this photo below.
Here is my little scroll that I rolled up. I just took some tag board and cut a strip long enough to roll and wide enough to tuck in a tag. I distressed the edges and tied some twine around it. I could have just used this to write in my journaling, but now I don't have to worry about undoing it. So I wrote on a section of paper and rolled it as well, then attached some twine to the end and stuck it into the scroll.

Thanks for looking and God Bless!!


  1. AWESOME LO Mandy!!!!! I LOVE the distressed pictures!!! Great idea!!!

  2. I love all the dimensional elements on this and the very masculine, grungy feel.

  3. Great boy page! Love the ink on the photo!



Related Posts with Thumbnails