Saturday, February 13, 2010

Cardboard Letters and More Distressing!!

I am still working on some challenge layouts over at sb.c and this current layout was made for the Round We Go Challenge that Katie777 runs. It is a challenge that uses circles. I wanted to play with more cardboard today and lately I have noticed people using corrugated cardboard letters on their layouts, so I had to try it. I decided to just draw my own letters. Below I will explain how I did that. I also added a fun scroll with a hidden journaling tag that pulls out of the end. I left a sweet message to my little man in it. The background of this layout was dark brown textured cardstock that I dabbed bleach all over using an old rag. Check out my latest creation!
So here is my title close up. A quick note on the mini letters; I printed these out on my computer, cut them out and then used alcohol ink on the edges. Very easy!! As for the corrugated cardboard letters I did the following.

1) Before I peeled off my top layer, I drew the letters on the cardboard then cut them out.
2) I then peeled off my top layers to reveal the inner part of the cardboard.
3) I chose some crackle paint as a base on my cardboard. I do that most of the time, because it helps add texture. After that I used green and brown alcohol ink and topped it off with the rust color as well. I just love that color!! They came out in a sort of a camo look which is awesome for this boy page.
I again printed all my photos on matte paper because I knew I would be distressing them. I sanded over all of them and a bit more heavy sanding on the edges. I dripped some of my rust colored alcohol ink on this photo below.
Here is my little scroll that I rolled up. I just took some tag board and cut a strip long enough to roll and wide enough to tuck in a tag. I distressed the edges and tied some twine around it. I could have just used this to write in my journaling, but now I don't have to worry about undoing it. So I wrote on a section of paper and rolled it as well, then attached some twine to the end and stuck it into the scroll.

Thanks for looking and God Bless!!

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME LO Mandy!!!!! I LOVE the distressed pictures!!! Great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the dimensional elements on this and the very masculine, grungy feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great boy page! Love the ink on the photo!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails