Wednesday, May 25, 2011

~My First Official Urban Lily Layout~

This is my first official blog post for Urban Swank as a DT member and I am sharing a layout I created using the Everyday Lily collection, along with a Secret Keeper window and pieces from the Urban Cuts.   You can buy Urban Lily products at the Scrap-Tastic website!

The photo is of my oldest daughter and I included some journaling for her inside the Secret Keeper. I titled the layout "I Hope You Dance," from the song by Leann Womack. The papers I used were Sushi, Sushi Stripe, and Sushi Dot.
To get this finish on the Secret Keeper window, I just used some pink mist on the inside and painted it with light pink crackle paint.
Here is a close up of the Urban Cut Alphabet. I mildly distressed the edges with a knife tool.
I cut butterfly from the Sushi Dot paper and decorated it with glitter glue and rhinestones.

My daughter no longer lives with me, so some of these questions are things I might ask her when we talk. I used a tag from the Urban Cut Accents and trailed some glitter glue for added detail.
Thanks for stopping by and God Bless!!

8 comments:

  1. Wow Mandy...this is just beautiful and your daughter is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! Really beautiful and so is Raine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is just beautiful!!! You really work wonders with anything you get your hands on!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mandy, what a beautiful lo. But my eye immediately went to the little pink journal. How did you cut that butterfly out of the middle like that? I can't figure it out...but I have got to do this...it is so beautiful!!!
    Would you please share the technique with me? I would appreciate it so much.
    My email is "elenac723@yahoo.com"
    My blog is "seebeautyallaround.blogspot.com"
    Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so stunning and the journal area is just amazing....gorgeous layout and photo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow girl this is so pretty. Your dd is gorgeous. What a soft and beautiful page. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOOOWWW it is gorgeous! And I love your idea with the hidden journaling!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails