Thursday, March 3, 2011

~Dusty Attic~

I haven't scrapped my oldest daughter, Raine, in a long time, so I was happy to finally do one again. This is pic she took of herself. She turned 17 recently, hence the title. She is gorgeous and it's crazy to think she will be 18 next year :( This layout was based on a sketch by Beggahuna and I used both new and old Dusty chippies.
The pretty corner chippies are coated in black soot distress ink. These chippies are the Ornate Corners #6 DA0465. The next photo is some Petaloo flowers and a random one I had laying around.
Here is a close-up of the Hinges DA0509 and piece from the Fancy Trim #1 DA0433. or the trim I used black soot distress ink and gold stickles. For the hinge I used vintage photo distress ink along with gold alcohol mixative. I then dipped it in my melting pot and added rhinestones. This was a total experiment. I dipped a few feathers in my UTEE (in the melting pot), an used my pointed tweezers to spread out the feathers before they dried. The remind me of hardened jelly lol. I recommend trying it :)
Don't forget to enter my Dusty Attic giveaway an be sure to check out my Etsy because I have some chippies listed.
~Thanks for Stopping by and God Bless~

3 comments:

  1. Stunning page! I like the gloss of the UTEE; very inspirational. Heading over to your store soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is gorgeous like her Mom. Particularly like the feathers and of course the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous page...yes she is gorgeous and time to lock her in the cellar until she is 30!!!! Love the idea of the feathers!! A great imagination you have!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails