Tuesday, March 15, 2011

~Scraps of Darkness March Reveal of Vintage Revelry~

So do you love vintage as much as I do? How about old movies and movie stars? Did I get your attention yet? If you answered yes to any of the above questions then I recommend you continue reading on. Scraps of Darkness just came out with their March kit called 'Vintage Revelry' and it's PACKED full of Graphic 45, Paper Loft, Prima, Kaiser Crafts, Moon Mists and more more more!! Holy smokes this was such a fun kit to play with!!

I always show my sketch layout first, so here it is. This was based on the exclusive sketch for SOD created by Charlotte aka Suepup. This is a layout of me and I call it 'Pause' because sometimes I wish I could just pause time.
This wavy cut is super easy to do if you have an exacto knife. No need to draw a line just cut some waves in your paper. I just lifted it a bit to place some of the black lace behind it.
This is a great shot of how beautiful the Moon Shadow mists are. I used a Dusty Attic clock as a mask and used these clock hands (included in the kit) to create the look.
I've been a bit melting pot happy and had to dip this flower into it to see how it would turn out. It looks edible! I don't recommend eating it though :D Ok check out the awesome metal flowers from Prima!! I so want a ton more of those lol.
This layout is of my daughter, Tyler standing next to her best friend. I based this on a sketch over at Sketchesforyou.ning.com! I added a little bit of my own stash including some Dusty chippies.
I've had these sunflowers for the longest time and I kept forgetting to use them. These actually came off a bouquet of fake flowers and I popped all the buds off.
Tip: Buy the fake florals at the end of each season and they are super cheap!!
The buttons are Dusty chippies from their new line. I coated them in the embossing powder that's included in the kit. I then strung some wire through them and curled it up.
I finally had a layout to use this gorgeous Flower Stem chippie from Dusty. I just inked the stem and used gold stickles on the bud.This next layout is of my daughter, Tyler. She looks gorgeous as a fall fairy and it's my last pic to scrap from this shoot. This Prima canvas is included in the color add on along with SEVEN bottles of mists!!

To get the look I got on the canvas I first used Gesso which I just painted on with a large brush. Then I let it dry and used some walnut stain Ranger ink. That is what gave it the dirty look. Then I placed down one of the birdcages from the romance add on and used it as a mask. I sprayed some more of the Moon Shadow mists. Some fussy cut flowers from the Paper Loft papers. I did add my own brads for the centers.
I totally messed up this layout, so that is why I used the black lace here. When I went to sew the pic down, the canvas bunched up and my pic ended up a bit crooked. I like to admit mistakes because even the best of the best makes them and it's ok! Don't beat yourself up over them :)
In the Romance add on we had this gorgeous door knob from Graphic 45. I decided to use mine on a journal. I coated the front and back with Gesso and let it dry. Then I used some metallic green paint and went over the Gesso. After it tried I sanded it a little bit here and there.
I used some Dusty Attic corner chippies and a key on this. I dipped them all in my melting pot. I used some of the bling on them and it fit so good!!
Grunge Baby!! I think I mentioned my newly formed addiction to my melting pot above :) I used it all over the place on this, including pouring it directly onto my page.
These are some of the new Dusty Attic chippie flowers and foliage. I inked and then dipped the flowers into my pot (filled with UTEE) and after they dried I cracked them. Makes them look like broken glass.
My UTEE was beginning to get brown from all the inked chippies, so I poured the rest out on my page. It hardened right away and it feels neat lol.
The papers in this kit are awesome!! As some of you know I am a HUGE fan of Graphic 45. This line is no exception. This is my dd, Brooky. I call this layout 'Diva' for the look lol.
Some mini roses created with the paper. Really easy to make with a 5 petal flower punch. I have seen a tutorial done in so many places, so that's why I haven't done one.
These are some Prima butterflies that have sequence on them. I had to take some of the excess sequence off because it was a little too much for me. I also sprayed it with some ink to darken it a little.

Here is a close up of the pin I made for the kit this month. I added a cute key charm this month.
Well that is it for now!! I did do a layout for Sketch Inspiration that will debut on the 20th when her new sketch is posted.

Thanks for stopping by and God Bless!!

13 comments:

  1. wow they are all so gorgeous, amazing work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous.... I adore your work!!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so inspirational, love the masking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow girl you seriously haven't stopped scrapping for a minute have you? So much to admire...I don't know where to begin! Your melting pot is so cool. Never even knew of such things!! But you mastered it already. I love your "mistake"...it is still perfect to me!! Everything is just amazing!! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning work with this kit, Mandy! Each project really shines!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I am just amazed at your talent! Gorgeous work!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am blown away with all this beauty...love what you do with scrappy stuff. I get a lot of inspiration from you and love how you come up with most fab ideas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are amazing! Everything is so gorgeous and I love what you've done with the melting pot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Breathtaking!!! I am glad to see I am not the only one who is addicted to UTEE. But I am going to learn a lot from you I can see that now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous layouts - the amount of detail in them is amazing! Just WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning work Mandy- so thrilled to now have you on the S:CY team! :) Keep up the WONDERFUL WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your work is so incredible-you are my scrappy hero! I can remember when I first started and I happened upon one of your LOs. You are the one who inspired me to take my scrapping outside the box!! I just had to tell you that!!

    BTW I love that you play Christian music on your blog! "Lead Me" is one of those songs I wake up with it going through my head. It always reminds me to put my family in His hands, and where my focus should be.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails